The new Marlins are out!

If it was the right chambering, I might be induced to pick up my first Marlin. Glad to see the Marlins available again.

I hope Ruger is going to take better care of the Marlin name. I’ve owned one Remlin and that was enough.

I hope Ruger is going to take better care of the Marlin name. I’ve owned one Remlin and that was enough.

I suspect that these are going to be the best built Marlins ever. Read some of the recent articles, very positive reviews of the Ruger built 45-70 Marlins. Some of the "gunwriters" have had them in their hands for a couple of months and have taken them hunting already.

Regards, Guy

That's a pretty cool carbine. I could see one in my future although the $1400 price seems pretty steep...

I'm still working through some things with my Remlin. First the front sight slid around in the dovetail. Now the buttstock has cracked under recoil due to poor fit. The sight was easy, just replaced them with skinners. The stock is more of a pain.

That's a pretty cool carbine. I could see one in my future although the $1400 price seems pretty steep...
I agree, until I checked Gunbroker and saw the same model, made during the Remington years, being bid up over $2500... That's for the Remington version, which was reported to have quality control issues... Suddenly $1400 sounds much better. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen I do not foresee an end to the dearth of firearms, ammunition, or components anytime soon.

One good thing I’ve noticed is it seems the prices on some guns are starting to level out. It’s getting easier to find a new Colt Python within $200 of msrp.

I suspect that after all the hoopla dies down the price will fall a bit.

Vince

This past weekend my son attended a gun show in Arizona and the prices he saw on used Marlins were astronomical. Just a for instance a used 444 in good shape was going for $1400.00. Another used Marlin decent shape in 30-30 was $1350.00. With those prices I think I'll wait till I can get my hands on a new one. Based on what I'm hearing quality wise the new ones are quite nice.

Glad to hear that Marlin is back in the game. It would be nice if Ruger were to offer the 1894 44 Rem Mag with a tighter bore for better accuracy.

JD338
And here I was wishing upon a star that they would reintroduce the 41 Maggie.

Looking forward to the 218 Bee and 25-35 being put out as indicated.
Would also like to see them bring back the 338 ME.

Back