Where are the bullets?

1stpitch

Beginner
Nov 5, 2016
OK I know this has been beat to death, but it's not getting any better. I've been looking daily for over a year for 7mm 150gr and 6.5mm 140gr Accubonds. I look at dozens of websites daily, and go in LGSs, big box stores like Cabela's, Sportsmans Warehouse, , etc, etc., and there are never any to be found. Some websites allow backorder and say they might ship in 12 months; they haven't. I have gotten store employees to tell me what days and times their trucks arrive and have been there when they do, and no Nosler bullets. When I call Nosler directly, they always say they are making more bullets than they ever have, and they are being distributed to normal channels. Something is wrong with this picture. If Nosler is in fact doing this, just by pure random chance I would see a box for sale somewhere, sometime. I haven't. I have a few theories. 1, Nosler employees are hoarding them and/or have created a black market for them. 2, Distributors and/or their employees are hoarding them and/or have created a black market for them. 3, Retailers and/or their employees are hoarding them and/or have created a black market for them, or they call up their buddies when bullets come in they never hit the shelves.

So what is it? Where do the bullets Nosler claims to be cranking out go? If one or more of these black markets or back channels exist, how do I get in on it? Or do you have to be born into it?

So some of this might be a little bit facetious, but I'm mostly serious. Where are the bullets??

Last edited:
If you are looking for a hunting bullet try Norma they have some Oryx bullets in stock now and I can tell you they hit deer hard.
Not cheap but they come in a 100 so close to Nosler new prices anyway.

Thanks. As I said, I'm looking for Accubonds. Not interested developing new loads, and not interested in any more soft point bullets. I have lots of those. Again, my question is about finding Accubonds. Nothing in the post about looking for alternative bullets.

When I call Nosler directly, they always say they are making more bullets than they ever have, and they are being distributed to normal channels.
I would believe them. One has to remember normal channels would include factory ammo manufacturers. Most ammo manufacturers do offer Nosler’s bullets in their ammo.

I can tell you they are making them, I've bought several accubonds over the past 2 years( 6mm, 6.5mm, 30cal), the latest being 130gr 6.5's this week from shooters pro shop. it all comes down to timing, I've even seen accubonds in my LGS but nothing I need to spend the inflated retail price on.

I can tell you they are making them, I've bought several accubonds over the past 2 years( 6mm, 6.5mm, 30cal), the latest being 130gr 6.5's this week from shooters pro shop. it all comes down to timing, I've even seen accubonds in my LGS but nothing I need to spend the inflated retail price on.
I thought that I saw 6.5 Accubonds at SPS but wasn't sure as they have been getting a lot of .277 lately.

A quick web search here's a gun shop

Warning, I do not know anything about them but seems like you could place an order over the phone if they actually have them as this is what they say below.

Please call the shop to order anything off our website or create a (Special Order)

Thanks for the reference to Salida. I've seen them come up in searches in the past. Sadly, they don't have 7mm 150gr or 6.5mm 140gr AccuBond.

I posted a while back that it was getting better, and it still is at the one or 2 shops locally that somehow manage to get in things other shops don't seem to be getting. But the new uncertainty with the Russian/Ukraine conflict isn't gonna help matters. Real, or just perceived, it is just another block adding to the pressure that's being applied to ammo and components.

Back