Which relaoder 22

chola

Beginner
Jul 30, 2007
Hi fellas...I have new Ruger 300 win mag...I was wondering which reloader 22 powder is the best for it
RL22 or the Hercules Reloader 22...guy at the gun shop said there is no difference.....

I was gonna try IMR 4350 and 200gr Accubonds..but been lurking around here for the last 2 nights and saw that RL22 and 180 Partitons seem to be the favourite choice......

I hunt deer and elk out to 300 yards max.more often closer ranges like 100 to 200,just seems to be the distance I have noticed tham at most of the time.

Thanks for any help and advice

Don't quote me, especially being the first one to comment as otehrs will surely know for sure, but I believe Hercules is now Alliant?
RL-22 is a good powerder. I use RL-25 however out of my .300RUM

chola

Welcome to the Nosler forum.

The 300 Win Mag with 180 gr PT or AB and 75.0 grs RL22, Federal GM215M primers should sing you a song. This load shoots sub MOA in 3 different rifles.
Remember to start low and work up.

JD338

Thank you for the welcome...and congrats on having a fantastic site...wish I had found it sooner.... :wink:

RL22 is appararently quite hard to find up here..lotsa guys looking for it :shock: ..am gonna keep looking though...... Are there any other powder choices that are just as good for the 300 winnie?

Back