Worked up 6.5 CM loads for the youngster.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Not doing extensive testing in anything right now. But loaded up some of the 95 gr V-max's that I had picked up, with a starting load of some old H414 I have that I likely wont use in much else, and loaded 3 more a grain above that.

Bore sighted the scope and took 1 shot at 25 yds and seen it was close enough to get me on paper at 100.

Far left 3 shots were the next 3 shots taken. Don't remember the order. Pulled the 4'the one right.

Adjusted the scope and shot the next grain higher. Ended up loading some up for him at the starting load as there wasn't much difference between the 2 and it will let him practice.

Also loaded up 3 of the 120 gr BT's that MichSteve sent me for the kid I'm loading for. That was also with a starting load for that bullet with H414. Will work at the distances he's gonna be shooting at.

Rifle is a savage axis. Trigger is 5.5 lbs. I polished it up so it's smoother, still heavy. When he has a yr or so into it, I'll put a lighter spring in for him. It was one of those combo deals and has a Weaver scope on it. I've shot cheap scopes all my life with no issues.....Tasco's mainly with some bushnell's and simmon's mixed in, but this thing is junk. Needs replaced. I had blurry double crosshairs at both 25 yds and 100 yds, didn't matter the power. Will have to watch and try and pick him up something at least halfway's decent.

Back