Pending 1,000 yard record

Heck - I hope to see that age and be able to lift a gun!!!

I used to shoot competitive, but that is far beyond me.
Hats off. No matter what age. But it makes it even more impressive.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Impressive. He certainly set a goal to which any of us should aspire.

That's awesome shooting!
It will boost some interest in the 300 WSM for the long range shooters.

JD338

JD338":2rxqq5ec said:
That's awesome shooting!

JD338

Likely - but it's seen pretty heavy use in 600 & 1000 yard BR matches almost since the cartridge was developed. One of those cartridges that takes easily to accuracy. I had one for quite a few years, and a fellow who competed in 1,000 yard BR gave me his load data, which I worked up to. My rifle wasn't as accurate as the shooter in the article, and I only took it to 600 yards, but it worked real well. I was using a 210 gr Berger VLD at about 2810 fps.

A local guy bought it from me a couple of years ago. He likes the rifle too. :)

Guy

Dont discount the more experienced shooters among us.... If you havent already, see the link about an 86 year old sniper below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VADFpAfDLY

A former owner of the Gunstop, a very popular and long standing shooting shop in the area competed with a 300 Win Mag. Was all the rage once upon a time. Record or no, congrats to your friend for still being in the game. Very cool! CL

Guy Miner":1x1ya3l0 said:
JD338":1x1ya3l0 said:
That's awesome shooting!

JD338

Likely - but it's seen pretty heavy use in 600 & 1000 yard BR matches almost since the cartridge was developed. One of those cartridges that takes easily to accuracy. I had one for quite a few years, and a fellow who competed in 1,000 yard BR gave me his load data, which I worked up to. My rifle wasn't as accurate as the shooter in the article, and I only took it to 600 yards, but it worked real well. I was using a 210 gr Berger VLD at about 2810 fps.

Guy
Guy,
I remember that rifle. As I recall, it was a Winchester M70. The wind can be tricky at 1K, even with those heavy high BC bullets.

JD338

JD338":3f2pet4p said:
Guy Miner":3f2pet4p said:
JD338":3f2pet4p said:
That's awesome shooting!

JD338

Guy
Guy,
I remember that rifle. As I recall, it was a Winchester M70. The wind can be tricky at 1K, even with those heavy high BC bullets.

JD338

Ya, it was a nice looking Winchester Model 70, 300 WSM. Real good rifle, but I wasn't using it much. This was taken years ago, on a backpack hunt for mule deer here in the Cascades.
iUsFHHTl.jpg

Back