Handgun competition?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Anyone here shoot some form of pistol competition?

I've done some local stuff, but not much. Getting the bug to do more "action" type pistol competition, as well as some PPC stuff. Never tried PPC, but it isn't that much different from our standard police qualification course, and it looks challenging.

Anyone competing in some form of action pistol? PPC? NRA Bullseye competition? Silhouette? Even cowboy action shooting?

I won't be doing the cowboy stuff - don't own any of those guns, cool as they are - and am not interested in buying a new rifle, revolver and shotgun...

Guy

I do not shoot any pistol but would like to try the action pistol shooting.

JD338

No formal competitions but on my old team we used to do VTAC drills with pistols. Kyle Lamb has a whole scoring criteria in his videos and at his course. It's a whole lot of fun and it makes you pretty good.

Guy, you should give IPSC/USPSA a try. I am sure there is a club in your area hosting matches, you could look it up at USPSA.org. I got into it a few years ago & it is a blast, reminds me of my days in the Corps. Your kimber would work great in the single stack or limited 10 divisions, I use that 1911 in those 2 divisions myself.

Regards,
Chris

IDPA is where it's at for me... it's far more "pratical" than IPSC/USPSA... and it doesn't take 200-300 rounds to shoot a match. The WA State IDPA match is held in Renton every August, and there are other clubs in WA that shoot IDPA monthly as well. Check them out... I think you (and your son) would dig not only the shooting... but the competition as well.

I am getting into the 3-Gun Matches we have at our local range. It is a blast shooting handgun, shotgun and rifle. With shooting steel and clay targets. Shooitng the Texas Star is sure fun both in handgun and shotgun. Guy are next Match is May 26th 9:00am thru 2:00pm in the Tri-Cities area. Let me knoe if interested. Only $10.00 entry fee.

Back