Jeff wins another one!

Woodycreek

Handloader
Aug 2, 2007
8973B540-2992-4973-A4E7-5510B20D175B-2478-0000049A5BB46492_zpscc0e3be3.jpg

It still requires a steady fire control system (aka shooter) to wring out the potential from a good rifle. Well done, Jeff.

went to the jordan team match two weeks ago with a new guy I sold my 6.5x47 to, we ended up winning the match and I was overall high shooter by 22 points "11 first round hits". met some guys from wyoming sold an action and secured some coyote hunting ground. All in all a good weekend.

That sounds like a great weekend, Jeff. Congratulations on adding to your success.

Congrats on the win Jeff. Your kicking butt!

That 6X47 looks real good man. Whats your load you run and the specs on it?

Thanks scott, Defiance deviant action, jewell trigger, AICS 2.0 w/ viperskins, bartlein heavy palma fluted 1-8 twist 22" barrel, tps rings, atlas biod, tis sling, schmidt and bender 5-25x56 pm II P4F, 105 berger hybrid @ 3050 fps, built by ployhar precision.

Very nice buddy.

I am sure you posted it before, but do you have your load specifics? Be cool to compare it to a 243 Win, as far as powder consumption.

Again, awesome win Jeff. Your killing it out there.

Jeff,

Way to go buddy! That 6x47 is really doing a great job.
What is the BC of the 105 gr Berger?

JD338

Way to shoot Jeff! That is just awesome buddy! The snow looks pretty cool too!

Sorry i missed this until now?! The winter match was in mid december and shot in -17° weather, some people went home early. The applied ballistics kestrel was making accurate dope out to 1250 yards that day. It was cold enough to see the trace almost instantly. As far as next year goes the buddy in the pic and I entered a two man team comp involving pistol/carbine, carbine/precision rifle, and straight precision rifle long course. Three days of shooting all three disciplines in the same day. I am going to build a 22DMR on my KAC SR15 platform. A 22DMR is basically a 6.8 spc necked down improved to 22 cal, this will launch a 90 grain vld at 2850 from a 20" barrel. This will closely replicate a 6.5x47 lapua with a 130 vld. Will be shooting in several local matches and the snipershide cup. Should be another good year.

It does sound as if it tested your mettle and your ability, Jeff. You did well, and I have not doubt that your team will perform well again. Good stuff.

Back