2014 Steel Challenge near Kettle Falls, WA

longrangehunter

Handloader
Jun 19, 2011
Sign up for the 2014 Steel Challenge will go live at noon on the 5th of January Pacific Standard Time. A link will be provided on Sniper's Hide under the Tactical Shooting Competitions header.

This is a team shoot so you'll need at least 2 members. I'm thinking of going but will need another person to shoot with if anyone is interested?

The Match is on May 17th and 18th, 2014. Two day Match. Rifle only match, team match, last year it was about 180rds, distances out to 1100 Yards, movers last year at 400 and 800. Its for a great cause, well run, teams come from all over to shoot.

I'm definitely interested. I cannot commit at this time, but would love to go! I think it'd be a blast! Where is it being held?

"Near Kettle Falls" is a pretty good description, likely about as good as we're going to get. There's a LOT of hills up above Kettle Falls, WA. I've come across some of those steel targets out there, while hunting.

Guy

Guy,

Had I thought of it until now...... You and I could have done this Match? I just don't know anyone who'd actually pull it off with me just to see what we could do?

I haven't had enough "spare time" for anything like that... Too much going on in life. I grab a few hours here or there to ride a bike, walk the dog or something. Other than that, it's nose to the grindstone.

But yeah, it would be a fun match.

Guy

No worries, I now have a sore palm from neck turning 308 brass down to 7mm-08..... pain in the butt! I would never suggest to anyone to go this route, sizing up would be much simpler, and without any issues.

I'll be lucky to finish all the pieces of brass (200) and have time to fire form and practice before the Steel Challenge Event March 1st.

Yeah, I think all my .308 brass is destined to remain .308 brass... Simpler.

Guy

Back