1,000 Yard F-Class Match with 6.5X47

1000yardline

Beginner
Sep 13, 2014
Had our match yesterday, had a pretty good turn out with 16 shooters, all shooting F-Class except two who shot Palma. Haven't gotten the email with scores yet but I believe I got the top score with a 570-?X. Shot a 193 in the first relay, 188 in the second and 189 in the third. Wind got pretty tough in the afternoon, kept picking up and letting off to a boil and switching directions, got up to 101 degrees yesterday as well.I couldn't seem to stay in the 10 ring in the afternoon. Kept bouncing from one side of it to the other, kept every shot except 1 within the nine ring all day, had one 8. Had a great time and learned A lot. Constant battle learning wind.

I know a guy shooting a 6mmBR shot a 567, and two guys shooting 6.5-284's ended with 565 and 561. It was a good shoot and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Nice shooting at 1000. The difference of how wind effects bullets at the 800 + range is hard to imagine until you watch it happen. Where was this match held at?

Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

Even the difference in winds effects from 800 to 1000 yards is dramatic. The more you shoot in the wind, the more you'll lewrn though. I always like going out and shooting steel at 1000-1500 and seeing if I can make a cold bore first round hit, .300winmag and I shoot together a lot and it's neat to try to do and understand the ballistics of it all like he does....damn engineers.

This match was held in Hotchkiss, Colorado at the Stengal(spelling?) range.

Back