grips - J frame .38

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Have a very utilitarian .38 Special, 2" S&W snub-nose that gets carried a lot and shot not much. It's actually a very good looking older gun, that has a functional, but fairly ugly set of those rubber boot grips.

SW38.jpg

I'd like to keep the same small size & shape of the grips - but go to something that looks better.

What? Walnut? Stag? Recommendations? Source of said grips? Want to dress the baby up a bit...

Thanks, Guy

This Thai company has flooded Ebay with Asian hardwood grips. Some interesting colors and grain of wood. I hope that they are properly inletted to fit the revolver frame well?

Huh... I didn't even check where they were from, Charlie. I was looking for the first set that had the style, grain, and color that would get my blood pumping. I took a peek at the feedback for that seller. They've had 2 complaints regarding inletting (the only two non positives in the last year of 600+ good reviews). That'd be good enough for me to give em a whirl if I couldn't scare anything else up.

Robert, I just wondered because these businesses are usually a cottage industry type setup and they would not likely have all of the correct patterns for the S&W frames. I was just curious?

Back