Ruger LCP question

BP736

Beginner
Oct 7, 2008
Hey guys...
I just bought a new LCP. Anybody have any experience with them? I have larger revolvers and autos, but I wanted something smaller and more carryable. I'm wondering what you think about carrying it with a round in the chamber in your pocket. I have been told that it is safe, but wanted some personal experience. They have a long trigger pull and I have a small, thin holster. Thoughts???
BP

Congratulations on the LCP. It is indeed a nice compact carry gun you can keep in your front pants pocket.
The loooong trigger pull is the safety. Keep in in a pocket holster and you will be fine.

JD338

Don't put anything else in that same pocket! Just the pocket holster & pistol.

It's very possible for a pocket knife or a key to get in the trigger guard and cause some exciting moments & unwanted ventilation of said pocket.

Guy

Guy Miner":2pcbtbmm said:
Don't put anything else in that same pocket! Just the pocket holster & pistol.

It's very possible for a pocket knife or a key to get in the trigger guard and cause some exciting moments & unwanted ventilation of said pocket.

Guy

Good point Guy!
I should have mentioned that.

Here is my LCP 380
Picture009.jpg

JD338

Thanks for the input. That's what I was thinking too. I wouldn't put anything else in that pocket anyway to avoid damage to the gun.
BP

Back