Picked up a couple autos, Ruger P93 and Sig P226

mcseal2

Handloader
Nov 1, 2010
I've always been more of a revolver guy, but figured with the current political climate if I wanted any semi-autos maybe I should get them. Anyway, picked up a used stainless Ruger P93 a week ago that is proving to be really accurate and shoot to the same point of impact with alot of different ammo. The P95's I've had in the past have always been reliable tough guns but none shot quite this well. For what I paid it's a great extra or beater to have around.

Today I won a GB auction on a Sig 226. It must be a discontinued variation or a distributors exclusive, it's not on their current website. Anyway, it has all the features I've been looking for: night sights, SRT trigger, rail, and Cerakote finish. These are the best feeling high capacity autos I've ever felt, just really fit my hands well. I'll be adding a 22LR conversion kit for it down the road also.

Picked up a couple mags for both after the election. My sister had my old Ruger already that I wanted a couple mags for, and I knew I was going to be getting a Sig someday.

Oh yeah, forgot to add both are 9mm guns. I've never been able to really like stiker fired autos, although my carry gun, a Kahr CM9 is one. I can shoot it real well out to 15yds, but lose accuracy pretty quick past that. Shouldn't need much more range from a defensive pistol anyway. For longer distances I'm to used to the nice triggers on my revolvers and rifles. These new ones won't have that nice of triggers, but still have a single action option.

It is nice to have the single action option, even in an auto. I really like the Sig 226's and will probably end up getting one eventually. The P226 was one that I have been considering but I would rather have a .40 S&W if I can find one, because I already have a .40 S&W Pit Bull, Charter Arms revolver.

gunny.gif

391862.gif

Sorry, waiting until they all arrive for pics. Just won the auction on the Sig won't be here until Friday.

Oldtrader3":2wv2vvdo said:
It is nice to have the single action option, even in an auto. I really like the Sig 226's and will probably end up getting one eventually. The P226 was one that I have been considering but I would rather have a .40 S&W if I can find one, because I already have a .40 S&W Pit Bull, Charter Arms revolver.

If I was starting over I'd likely go with 40 in everything. Since I already have some 9's though I'll stick with it.

If I was starting over, I would not have a .380 or a .32 Long but would probably try to have a mix of .357, .40 and .44.

Congratulations.
Post pictures when you get them home.

JD338

Oldtrader3":3eyhm1py said:
If I was starting over, I would not have a .380 or a .32 Long but would probably try to have a mix of .357, .40 and .44.

Yeah, I'd still need to have my 357 and 22 revolvers, but for auto-loaders I could go with 40 across the board and only need one type ammo for them. I already have a Ruger 357/9mm Convertible that shoots 9mm, and a Kahr CM9 so I think I'll stick to 9mm in the autos. I like the idea of the 357 Sig too, love the ballistics of my 357 revolvers and also the Sig. Still 9mm is cheaper to shoot and practice makes perfect.

Yeah, the .380 is also pretty reasonable to shoot but my Bodyguard is so small that it is not as much fun as a revolver, at least not for me. I would rather shoot my Blackhawk .357 and USAF .45 Colt single actions anyhow. Plus, they are also cheaper to shoot than factory load .380 JHP with lead bullet loads.

Congrats on two excellent purchases! I have two Sigs, P-239 & P-220, with many, many rounds through them without a single malfunction. Their single stacks fit my hands best. I like the SRT option as the reset is a bit long on their original DA/SA models.

Did you get the P93 with a DAO or traditional DA/SA with decocker?

The P93DC or decocker only. I like those best, had several P95's the same way over the years.

Back