New sidearm

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009
Just brought the new FNX-45 home to prep and practice for duty. It is a double/single action with a decocker. It came with 3 15 round mags and this huge case. I'll need to change out to night sights but other than that looks good to go. I'll do a thorough cleaning /degreasing before I put it through it's paces. The single action trigger pull is about 3lbs. It's a big gun but the grip isn't a whole lot bigger than a 1911 and with the adjustible backstraps most guys should be able to handle this one. It weighs 33 oz empty and a whole lot more with 15+1 loaded up. I picked up 500 rounds to break in and familiarize myself with the gun. The controls are more ergonomic for me than the 1911 and I love the 1911. Shooting report coming soon.

Scott
DSC00103_zps9a0a36a1.jpg

Very nice, Scott. Are you required to select from prescribed sidearms, or do you have discretion in this matter?

DrMike":1j8k3wsu said:
Very nice, Scott. Are you required to select from prescribed sidearms, or do you have discretion in this matter?

It has to be a 9mm, 40S&W or a 45acp other than that very few requirements.
Scott

muleman":2nv3iby1 said:
DrMike":2nv3iby1 said:

Scott

Gotcha'!

Scott

That is very nice and will make for a great duty gun. 15 +1 in the pipe is a lot fire power for the BG's.

JD338

Awesome pistol! You can not go wrong with an FN.

muleman":3nu7ykcv said:
DrMike":3nu7ykcv said:

Scott

I like that! That gives you a couple of great choices!

Scott - Do you have a long term shooting report on your FN? I looked at a FN-9 today. Nice looking pistols.

...been lookin @ the FNX & FNS @ work, very nice pistols, one or the other is on the "Short List"...

Back