Sig .22 1911

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
I could not resist. About $400 for what appears to be a very well made .22 caliber 1911. Fits perfectly in my 1911 holster. What a great training gun!

Yes, I could have saved a hundred bucks and bought a conversion kit for my Kimber, but somehow the convenience of leaving my duty gun as a .45 all the time, and having a good .22 trainer to accompany it seemed to be a more attractive idea. No range time with it yet, but thought I'd show it off a bit.

Guy

Very handsome. I would have done the same as you in the same circumstance.

I have a DCM 1911 that I put a 22 upper on for practice and have it set up to match my other 1911s. They didn't have 1911s in 22 when I put mine together except the Ace which was too much money for what you got in my book.
Let us knowhow it shoots. I like tack drivers.

It's going to have to shoot real good to keep up with my .22 Ruger.

I may have been hasty - got caught up in how good it looks and feels in hand. Well heck, apparently I could have scored the same pistol with the REAL maker's name on it for $50 - $75 less.

And some issues have been reported re the durability of the guide rod & recoil spring.

Still, it's a good looking, good handling pistol. I'll put it to use and see how it turns out.

Guy

So far I'm not as accurate with it as I am with the Ruger 22/45, but I'm learning the pistol.

Interestingly, it has already become a real favorite among my students! It's not as muzzle heavy as the Ruger (target barrel on the Ruger) and seems to shoot quite reliably.

So far, so good.

And yes, it still looks cool. :grin: Nice that it works perfectly from my 1911 holsters too.

Guy

Back