Kudos to Kahr!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Almost a month ago I posted about a burst 9mm case while I was firing a Kahr CW9.

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CW9.asp

A friend & fellow officer was at the range qualifying and had just shot a perfect score with it, on our "off-duty/backup" course. He was very pleased with the pistol and handed it to me to try. On my first shot, Ka-Boom. Parts flew, my hand hurt, my face was stinging, but no real injuries.

Oh, the shot went right smack in the center of the target too. :grin:

We had been using commercially reloaded bulk 9mm training ammo I'd bought for the police department long ago. We've shot thousands of rounds of that stuff through various handguns & submachineguns w/o a problem. This one burst.

The only piece that seemed to have come off was a sort of "cover" on the the gun. We found it, and nothing really looked broken. My buddy called Kahr, sent the pistol back to them. They told him it had done exactly what it was supposed to do with an over-pressure round - direct that pressure out, blowing off the cover. Huh. Cool. There was no damage to the pistol. They inspected and reassembled it for free and returned it to him. I think it was gone about two weeks.

I've got to hand it to Kahr, and I've always admired their pistols, this one is a real peach. It shoots great, is very accurate, the pistol took care of me, and Kahr took care of the pistol and my buddy.

All in all, I'm impressed. Except with the ammo.

Guy

That is a good testimonial for Kahr, Guy. Good for them doing what you would expect.

They do make a great product! I love my CM9. They need to make a full sized 45acp with a light rail, though. HINT HINT KAHR!

Nice, great to hear.. Good companies like that are always good to hear about.

I was impressed with my PM9 for the time I had it but liked the SP101 better so I made a trade.

They, Kahr, make a good handgun I'll give them that.

I as well have a cw9. Love it. Shoots well. Carries very nice in a remora holster and is reliable. Only down fall is the DAO Trigger. But its smooth. Like a nice trigger job on a revolver. No complaints.

Back