.45 Revolver

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
No new photos - just a comment that the more I shoot this, the more I like it!

It's a .45 ACP S&W N-Frame revolver with a mere 3" barrel, adjustable sights, round-butt, and its loaded by full-moon clips. It gobbles up whatever .45 ACP ammo I throw at it, and shoots very well. I bought it last summer, lightly used (Model of 1989) and have really grown to love shooting this thing. Recoil is mild, accuracy is high and the bullet holes are those oh so familiar .45 sized jobs in the target...

I was cautioned against carrying and shooting it too much and ruining the collector's value it's got, but I dunno... It's really nice to use! Am thinking I need a dedicated holster for it. Maybe an action smoothing job and a brighter hi-visibility front sight too... And of course a set of cool grips!

No, Miculek's speed records are in no danger from me, but I am getting pretty fair with it! :grin:

Guy

Very nice!

It's got to be an easy carry/shoot handgun.

I could live with it, or even the same model in .44 spl., now how about that? 8) !

I think they've made a very similar model in .44 Special, and I agree, that would be quite nice!

Both this .45 and my .44 mag are N-Frames, but the .44 is much heavier and more muzzle heavy, though it only has a 5" barrel. Both are great revolvers, though this .45 feels considerably lighter!

Guy

It would make the perfect off duty or back up gun. If it were mine and I liked it I would shoot it. I have a like new in the box model 19 that I haven't shot that I bought for NRA Bullseye competition. Just haven't had time to work with it.

I have always been fond of big bore revolvers, especially N frame S&W .45 ACP's and Colt .45's. Nice looking gun, Guy. Bet it is accurate too!

Guy that's a Dandy.
As an off duty carry gun for taking the trash out I can think of no finer specimen. Sure beats a 38 Snubbie.

There is just something I like about a nice wheel gun. And that, is a nice one. I've looked at the J.M 45 but never "pulled the trigger" so to speak. Very nice.

Long

Thanks, I stumbled into an excellent buy on it last summer. Apparently these older 3" versions have some collector interest.

Sure is a good shooting gun. Absolutely!

I need to get some more full moon clips for it.

Guy

I have (8) revolvers and (2) pistols. I guess that gives a broad hint what I prefer to carry? :mrgreen:

Oldtrader3":ntyrdgoj said:
I have (8) revolvers and (2) pistols. I guess that gives a broad hint what I prefer to carry? :mrgreen:
Pistols? :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back