S&W MP 22

Rem Jim

Handloader
Jan 7, 2012
I have a new S&W MP 22 coming to me - I should have it next tuesday - any one on here shooting one of these ? If so how you liking it ? :?: :) Thks

Cheers :) RJ

My BiL bought one last year and he's very happy with it. It's been reliable and accurate. I put 50 rds through it and was impressed. The trigger is a bit rough but that's in comparison to my Volquartsen equipped Mk II.

Very nice pick-up RJ!

Thks Guys ! I get it tomorrow and i will shoot it Saturday - Really looking forward to my new tin can plinker gun ! I already got 2 extra mags for it ! :)

Cheers RJ

Got my New S&W MP 22 today - Very nice little 22 pistol it is ! - fits my small-med sized hands Great ! Hope to shoot it tomorrow :) RJ

I'm a big fan of the M&P series so when the 22 debuted I naturally had to have one. Up to this point my 22 semiauto handguns were primarily Rugers.

I took the M&P to the range with some Remington ammo I'd had for a long time. I noticed when I started shooting some of the rounds sounded different and when I checked I found the cases were splitting. To it's credit, though, the M&P NEVER malfunctioned and the accuracy was as good as the Rugers I had used as a yardstick in the past. Plus, since it's the same size as the centerfire M&P's, it makes a good alternative training gun and, if 22 ammo prices ever get back to sane levels, the cost to practice should get less as well.

I anticipate you will be very happy with yours.

Ron

No, I haven't fired those. Primarily I've shot the aforementioned Remington's and some Winchester Power Points (my favorite 22 Long Rifle round).

I would feel safe in saying, based on the experience I've had with mine, that it will meet or exceed the accuracy of any other field grade 22 autoloader. Plus, if it cycles defective cased ammo it will run smooth with better cartridges too.

Ron

Back