One Day Closer

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Just sold a rifle and I'm using the funds to pay for a S&W 58 that a buddy has been holding for me.
It's been my Holy Grail for a defensive revolver since I was a kid in High School. I'll finally have one!
Now to find those Tyler T Grips I have lying around for a square butt N Frame, order a holster from either Milt Sparks or Greg Kramer, and make up some lead loads for this puppy.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The .41 is a great cartridge! It really ought to be more popular than it is. I think that 58 loaded with heavy cast bullets would make a great backup gun for those times you might be in dangerous game country.

RiverRider":3sfsdktf said:
The .41 is a great cartridge! It really ought to be more popular than it is. I think that 58 loaded with heavy cast bullets would make a great backup gun for those times you might be in dangerous game country.
I agree.
I've played with them before just never had one to call my own.
I missed my buddy yesterday and have too much on my plate today to drive the fifty miles to go pick it up.
It's not going anywhere and we will hook up to make our transaction when time permits.

Congrats on a great purchase by the sounds of it. If we had different laws here I would get a 41 Magnum for hunting it seems like a great compromise of power and shoot ability.

Vince, I hope that you enjoy your S&W Model 58. They are a slick piece of machinery! I have also owned the Model 27 and 29 but the Model 58 has a great deal going for it. Enjoy!

I started a new thread titled, "Motherload" that shows the revolver referred to.

Back