Springfield RO

RiverRider

Handloader
Dec 9, 2008
I've watched this forum for discussion on the Range Officer, and I don't recall having seen it mentioned at all.

I got a hankering for a single-stack 1911 a while back after handling a nice Springfield Loaded 1911. The trigger is what really got me, it was superb. The guys at the shop said it came from the factory that way. Maybe it did.

Anyway, I decided I liked the adjustable sights on the RO. They detract from the pistol's appearance to some extent IMO, but I decided that appearance had to take a back seat to utility and I snagged one.

I was disappointed. I expected the trigger to be like the pistol I had handled, but it just wasn't. No worry though, I happen to have in my possession an ace up my sleeve in the form of a sear jig that makes doing a good 1911 trigger job a snap. So snap I did. The trigger pull is every bit as nice as any 1911 I've ever handled.

I haven't fired the pistol extensively, and quite honestly my handgun skills are a bit rusty---being kind to myself! But the pistol has proven it will shoot just about as well as I can aim. It has a really nice feel to it, the best adjective I can come up with is "smooth."

I'm very pleased with the pistol and plan on getting way more familiar with it in the hopefully not-too-distant future!

Nice! A good 1911 is awfully rewarding to shoot.

I like the adjustable sight look. It's just a bit different from the look of all the "tactical" type 1911's on the market.

Hopefully you'll be able to work up a sweetheart of a load for that pistol, sight it in, and never mess with the sights again. Congrats on what should prove to be a very fine pistol!

Guy

Back