New/used Ruger Single Six

Oldtrader3

Ammo Smith
Nov 6, 2009
I had given my Ruger 3-screw Single Six Magnum to my oldest son last year. So, I went to a local gun store yesterday and noticed that they had used a 3-screw .22 Mag Single Six (1971) at this store. The revolver was missing some blue on one side of the barrel but otherwise was in excellent condition. The finish was not marred just missing some blue.

I went back today and bought the Single Six. It was quite dirty but had not rusted. I got it home and cleaned it up and heated some cold blue and the barrel with hot water and cold blued the barrel. It came out perfect! The Ruger now looks like a new gun except for slight wear in a couple of unimportant places. The Ruger was priced right because it was dirty and needed the bluing but now I have a really nice, cherry 3-screw Single Six 3-screw, .22 Magnum for a good price.

Congrats Charlie!
Got any before and after pics?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Vince I can take some after pics, tomorrow. Did not take any before as it was one dirty looking revolver. All of the screw heads were full of what looked like belly button lint and the works were dirty. It cleaned up nice though and no rust which in Washington surprised me?

Actually, it is a Super Single Six because it has the adjustable sights and is a flattop Ruger. It has not been converted to the transfer bar.

Sounds like a very good find.. Do you need a 6 1/2" super black hawk in .44 mag? I have a nice one on consignment at my LGS.. It is one of about 600 made with a 6 1/2" barrel, factory letter verified.

Back