Old Colt

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006

Long ago, Grandpa rescued this old Colt from cattle-killing duty. He swapped the guys some kind of cartridge-fed revolver, I can't remember what. They were delighted to get something they could just shove cartridges into, instead of going through all the hassle of working with a cap and ball revolver.

Dad built the box for it about 30-40 years ago. We haven't shot it since it went into the box.

I ought to again someday. Just for the heck of it.

Guy

There is something delightful about handling an old gun. We wonder what stories it could tell, what adventures it has participated in, whose hands have gripped it. As if drawn by some unexplained, mystical power we feel we must hold it, permitting our mind to wander momentarily to a past that made the nation great. Delightful.

Beautiful old Colt Guy, looks like your Dad did a nice job on the box. It will be a nice heirloom for you to pass on to generations to come. Enjoy it.

I have an original Colt 1860 Army that is fun to shoot but I have not fired it in probably 40 years. I love to just pick it up and wonder where it has been and what the history is behind it.

Old guns are the coolest.
Very nice family heirloom to pass on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back