Cerakote .357

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006

Picked up the old revolver today after getting it tuned up and refinished with Cerakote to a nice matte-black finish. To say I'm happy would be a big understatement. The gun has NEVER looked this nice in all the years I've owned it. Can't find the pitting, and of course it's a nice, new finish everywhere.

For what will continue to be a "working gun" on my regular hikes, hunting & fishing trips, I think it's just fine.

Regards, Guy

That turned out quite attractive, Guy. Very handsome wheel gun. I should imagine anyone would be pleased with that look.

Very good looking little gal there in her new dress.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe new grips... Might just spruce these up a bit. I always liked the way they fit my hand.

Or maybe I'll leave 'em as is, kind of a testimony to the decades of service this revolver has provided.

Dunno.

Guy

Looking good Guy. I would probably put a pair of Bill Jordan style grips on it since the factory grips never fit my hands well and the pistol would twist in my grip when fired making it hard for a follow up shot. But since your use to them I would let them alone.

One of Jordan's hands was likely the size of both of mine... :grin:

Love me some wheel guns! Is that a model 19 with 2 1/2" barrel? I can see the barrel is pinned, is the cylinder recessed also? Beautiful revolver guy! I really like the matte black cerakote.

Yes, it's a Model 19 with the 2.5" barrel, pinned barrel and the cylinder is recessed... Sigh...

If it hadn't been so badly pitted and worn, I wouldn't have chosen Cerakote. But this particular revolver was in bad enough shape that it was never going to be a collector's item.

It's been a gun that sees use on fishing trips, etc, for me for a long time, and was retired from police service before that. I'm awfully happy with the results of the tune-up and the Cerakote.

Guy

I agree I've always doubted what cerakote would look like on a revolver, but yours turned out great. Make a great gun for rough use since it's not a collectors piece. Love the model 19's one of my grail guns. I passed on a 2 1/2" model 66 awhile back. Never have been big on stainless revolvers, but wish I would have pounced on it now. When it comes to a good feeling wheel gun a K frame smith is awful hard to beat.

Guy Miner":2a8pr1un said:
Maybe new grips... Might just spruce these up a bit. I always liked the way they fit my hand.

Or maybe I'll leave 'em as is, kind of a testimony to the decades of service this revolver has provided.

Dunno.

Guy

Very true. Like the song says, "nothing aint cool til you wear the new off" Like it as is..... CL

Inspired by this post I just turned my dads old 4" smith 19 over to the smith to get nitrided. It was his first duty gun 40 some years ago now. It definitely shows more than its share of holster wear. It has a sweet trigger and is a great shooter.

I just used it the other night to put down a cow moose that got hit by another truck driver.

I hope it turns out as nice as yours.

Just came back from nitride. It turned out nice. I wish I had took a before picture. The old gun had seen quite a bit of time riding around in a leather holster.

I put a set of smooth ahrends grips on it. Just waiting for the acrylic to replace the yellow ramp.

57032fc1c71f1b238964e79ca536883f.jpg

be307ae141b986c178032e400e664806.jpg

All these fresh as a daisy K-frames are making me nostalgic...my 2.5" M19 was perhaps my favorite revolver ever.

Back