Springfield Armory Range Officer

MrMinks2

Beginner
Oct 29, 2014
I'm seriously considering purchasing a Range Officer in .45 ACP. I read a lot of good things about them but would greatly appreciate any personal experiences.

Thanks

I have a Springfield TRP, (tactical response pistol). Carried it on the job my last five years, carried it almost every day since I retired. Probably has million rounds through it. Well several thousand any way. Some times I clean it. It's handled any ammo I've fed it. I don't recall any stoppage issues. I think you'll like the range officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minks, all I have to say about the RO is BUY IT. It is the best value 1911 on the market. I have had mine for a couple of years and it is my most accurate pistol. Pretty it is not, I call mine Ugly Betty, but it works. This is 4 mags of mixed 230 at 10 yrds rapid fire.

Thanks all for the input. Your comments support all that I've read so far. I think this is a "done deal!" (Too bad about the pics.)

I've never heard anything bad about the Springfield Range Officer pistol.

Seriously considering a 1911 with an adjustable sight, and that one is high on my list...

Guy

The several I have shot have all been fine shooters. I shot one in 9mm that was the sweetest thing you could imagine.

I was hoping to warn you about a potential problem. Last week I qualified with my Springfield. All was good until the last five rounds, then out of spite she threw one round out to the seven ring. Watch for that behavior and get corrected immediately:)

salmonchaser":omkc8to2 said:
I was hoping to warn you about a potential problem. Last week I qualified with my Springfield. All was good until the last five rounds, then out of spite she threw one round out to the seven ring. Watch for that behavior and get corrected immediately:)

You didn't do anything crazy like clean it, did you??? :lol:

Back