Colt New Service .45

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Grandpa's Colt. I've had it for several decades. The grips that were on it when I got it were... awful. They were walnut, but didn't fit the frame well. I wonder if they were actually made for some other revolver! And they were HUGE. So... Off they went, as soon as I found a set of grips that fit. Those were Pachmayer rubber grips, and they worked fine, but didn't do the old Colt justice.

As of today, it's got a set of reproduction grips from Altamont! Love 'em. They fit almost perfectly, I need to do just a wee bit of fitting. It's nice to see the old revolver looking good with appropriate grips.

wkSLMJnl.jpg

mWi8vCyl.jpg

YLnD5FTl.jpg

j4h5KzIl.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a lanyard ring that fits?

Thanks, Guy

Classy!

for a lanyard ring you might try Hamilton Bowen.

Looks good Guy.
Here's my old Detective Special in 32 S&W long. I had to have it blued since it had some much rust on it from riding in a ankle holster so I had it blasted to remove the rust and blued.

Attachments

• KIMG0484 (2).jpg
    KIMG0484 (2).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,311
Cool! :)

My ankle holster gun is a whole different breed, a 6-shot 9mm compact Kahr (U.S. made). Very nice little semi-auto. Stainless & polymer so it doesn't need much attention to keep the corrosion away. A spare 7 shot mag fits in my pocket just fine.

Guy

Yeah there wasn't many if any stainless and polymer guns around when our two Colts were made.
If you look close you can see the rims of the six rounds in the cylinder.
Yeah it still does some home duty.

Back