Smith & Wesson customer service

Ridgerunner665

Handloader
Oct 28, 2008
My wife has a 1976 model 10 she inherited from her Grandad, it is one of the less common 2.5" versions.

He was a LEO and later a constable, he carried and used this pistol for many, many years. Its had a few rounds through it, still looks pretty good considering its age and life but is pretty loose.

Still in time, and safe to shoot by my estimation but the cylinder gap and cylinder side play need some work.

All the screws look great except the one in front of the trigger guard.

I called S&W to ask about refurbishing the pistol and they were very helpful and willing... Said they couldn't quote a price without looking at it but most refurbish jobs fell in around the $150 range.

They sent a prepaid shipping label to refurbish a 43 year old pistol...that surprised me.

I'd be interested on your thoughts of their work when you get it back if you'd care to post it ... :)

It is going to be a few weeks now before I send it, had an unexpected death in the family, not someone I knew very well, but her immediate family wasn't prepared for this at all.... I'm going to help them with expenses so that will put the pistol maintenance off a few weeks.

Back