Sig got me...again

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
So a certain retired Marine convinced me of the merits of a Sig P365 back in Feb.

Due to his bad influence...er...advice, I snagged a little 365 and immediately fell in love with the little bugger. It shoots really well for me, and carries just as well.

So, even though I have two 10mm Glocks (a G40MOS and a G20), I got the itch for a full frame 9mm, and for it to be a Sig.

I bounced between a 320 M17 and a 320 X-Five, and did some ill-advised GunBroker surfing and surfed into an M17 at about 200 bucks under retail.

So.... in a few days or so, I should have it in my hands.

I have some bulk 9mm that needs converting into empty brass. I would be the new Sig will be as greedy with it as the little 365 is. Might have to take 'em both to the local range that has a steel plate lane and have a little fun...

I purchased my 365 about two months ago. Needed something small enough to carry in Florida weather with a tea shirt. Works perfectly. Ran a box of 124 grain reloads and a box of hollow points through it. This gun shoots like a full size gun and accuracy is excellent. Easy to break down for cleaning. The nicest part is the 10, 12, and 15 round mags you can buy for it. I'm using a 12 round mag and my entire hand fits on the grip. Another big plus! Sig definitely got it right and the price won't kill you. I picked mine up for $479.00. That included the Law enforcement discount. (that was total price). I also have a P320Xcarry that works perfectly for winter carry. Both great firearms!

Over the last couple of years, I have moved firmly into the Sig camp. It started with a Traditional Match Elite 1911 in .40, and has grown to include a P229 in .40, a P320 in .40, and a P365. I like them all, but I love the P365. Great carry gun, and shoots very well for something that small. Really easy to carry that one.

I have gotten the Sig bug during a Gun Show locally, the feel was nice and grabbed the P239 compact and the P229 Equinox which is larger, both in .40 caliber. The holsters from White Hat, The Maxi Clip, works nicely inside the waist band for the twins. Equipped both with the Crimson Trace Lasergrips, real nice stuff and just put the red dot where you like it and it will get there. I keep the laser sighted in half an inch right of the POI, since the laser is located on the right side of the grips.

Back