Older Leupold

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
This 30 x 60 fixed spotting scope showed up locally for sale. If I can find some lens covers for it I will put it in the side by side and use it for a shooting range scope. I’ve had good luck with Leupold optics but have never tried any of their spotters.
be51b1d6ed921e3a15d0015e5c1e0578.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using the same spotter for over 25 years and find useful at the range and in the mountains for short to medium distance glassing, as it is light and rugged. Have never had an issue with it. I have paired it with a Leupold short tripod, and pack easily into my daypack.
Not enough power for serious long range glassing, but has worked for the general use that I have needed it for.

I got one of those years ago for our SWAT team and was always impressed with it. Never bought one for myself though. Doggone it!

Always thought it was a lot of scope in a small package.

Guy

I've got the Leupold 12-40x60mm Golden Ring spotting scope and am very happy with it.
You won't be disappointed with the spotting scope you picked up.

JD338

Had one like that in swat also. I booted it off a roof after an operation on night. Sent it to Leupold. They did not repair it but sent us a brand new version. Far as I know the team still uses the replacement. Good scope, good outfit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back