Swarovski NL Pure

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve never before had a high end binocular but I’ve decided now is as good a time as any to splurge on a good optic. Going to try out a Swarovsi 12X42 to see if the user experience is as good as they say.
Interested in any input. I realize 12 power isn’t everybody’s choice but am looking forward to their arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not looked through them but the guys at goHunt had some good things to say about them. They have a video posted on YouTube about them.

I also wanted to buy a high end Swarovski & finally went to Cabelas so that I could try out Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski side by side.

I tried to be unbiased but secretly wanted a pair of high end Zeiss, but when I compared them side by side Leica's came out clearly on top for me. Superbly sharp, vivid and clear.

If I had to rate them personally using my eyes I would rate them as Leica on top, then Zeiss & Swarovski in last place.... Your mileage may vary.

I own all three brands but prefer Leica over the others & what's funny is that I never considered Leica to be a real contender. When I go on my hunts I bring the Leica's every time while the others stay home.

I would really encourage you to go to a store & try them side by side & see what your eyes tell you as this is a lot of $$$.

Just my 2 cents worth. Hope it helps.

you're about to be spoiled ! enjoy them . I remember my first look through top shelf bino's .

I've had Zeiss and Swarovski binos, and both were excellent. Then, I began to use the rangefinders. I have had three Leica rangefinders; my current set is the Geovid HD2700. I also have the Swarovski EL Range which I've used for the past four years. Top quality glass in both. Honestly, the Leica seems to come out on top for optical quality in my experience. On the other hand, you're talking about really minute differences. Having said that, I can't imagine you'll be disappointed with the Swarovski NL Pure. They will be a delight, I'm certain.

Well i just got the opportunity to use some 10x42 NL Pure while i was at the range today and i can tell you they are the nicest binos i have ever looked through. Are they worth 3x more then my Leica Trinovid's, (maybe, not sure) but WOW there is a large difference, if I had that money to splurge I'd get a pair. Hope you are happy with them, Im sure you will be.

I've had Leica Trinovids, Ultravid, HD-B3000, HD-B3200.com and Noctivids. 30 years ago I compared Leica and Swaro and the Leica's were better to my eyes. I think some people prefer the Swaros and some the Leica's but it depends on that persons eyes. I think the are both so close that it comes down to a persons eyes not the performance of the glass.

IdahoCTD":rkbjx1xs said:
I've had Leica Trinovids, Ultravid, HD-B3000, HD-B3200.com and Noctivids. 30 years ago I compared Leica and Swaro and the Leica's were better to my eyes. I think some people prefer the Swaros and some the Leica's but it depends on that persons eyes. I think the are both so close that it comes down to a persons eyes not the performance of the glass.

I'd agree with that myself. Once you get into that level of performance, you're at the top of the heap!

I have laser range finders built by Swarovski and by Leica. I'm really liking the Leica at this point. Clear, crisp image and good response time. The Swarovskis are liable to go down the road shortly.

DrMike":1ixz4qfi said:
I have laser range finders built by Swarovski and by Leica. I'm really liking the Leica at this point. Clear, crisp image and good response time. The Swarovskis are liable to go down the road shortly.

I have Leica RF's and man, I am always looking to get a pair of their RF bins one of these days. I can never decide between the darned 8X or 10X!

My current iteration of the Leica RF is the HD-R2700. They are excellent. Not much more that I can say than that. This is not to cast shade on the Swarovski RF that I used for the previous five years. They are excellent. Perhaps it is just the natural evolution of optics, but the Leica RF is hard to beat, and I find myself reaching for them more often than I reach for the Swarovski.

I had the Swaro's but I didn't like the RF button on the left side. It was kind of a nit pick, but to me, being right handed I didn't like that for quick looks.

SJB358":3lne9g06 said:
I had the Swaro's but I didn't like the RF button on the left side. It was kind of a nit pick, but to me, being right handed I didn't like that for quick looks.

Precisely my primary complaint! And the Zeiss had the same deficit so far as I was concerned.

DrMike":t44hdo32 said:
SJB358":t44hdo32 said:

Precisely my primary complaint! And the Zeiss had the same deficit so far as I was concerned.

Yup, had an older pair of 10x45's Zeiss as well before the Swaro.

Plus, the Leica's seem a bit lighter which never hurts either.

Do you run the 10's or 8's Mike?

You are going to love having a pair of high quality binoculars.
Congratulations your investment.

JD338

Back