SWFA tactical scopes. Any experience with these?

snoodcrusher

Beginner
May 8, 2015
4110d465cb3bc342256744e714c2886e.jpg

ab57d3098e9fedb281b2db4b880982c6.jpg

Straight 10x. 30mm tube, 42 mm objective. I've read some positive reviews so I ordered one today. I figured I'd take a chance for $300. I only own Leupolds and Swarovskis so this SWFA will be like a Kia at an Audi dealership. Has anyone used one of these themselves?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used a couple now. Great scopes for the money. Decent glass and great repeatable clicks. Good easy to use reticles. I had a 16x42, and a 6x42, a buddy of mine has the 12x42. All have worked flawlessly.

The 16x42 starts to get a little dark when the sun starts setting. But other than that great scopes.

The 6x42 I have on a 277 WLV. Works well for that application and the Delron zero stop shims work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 6x from a friends recommendation. Heckuva scope for the money. IMO it outperforms its price tag.
I'm probably going to add at least one of their 3-15s a little later this year.

I have the 10x with side focus. It's really clear and clicks in the turret are very noticeable.

The only complaint I have on the SWFA scopes are the height of the turrets. They are definitely not low profile.

It is one heck of a scope, even more so when the price is considered. I've used one, the 10x, don't own one. Sure do appreciate them being available though.

Guy

I now have two of the fixed 10x 42mm SWFA scopes. For the price, they are just amazing. I have one on a 260 Rem and one on a 308Win. I shoot these rifles out to 1000 yds and beyond. They track perfectly and the reticles are great as well. It's hard to understand how these scopes sell for $300 when comparable scopes are priced from $1000-$2500. The clarity of glass isn't quite as good as most European brands but I seldom shoot 800yds at first or last light when that would be an issue anyway. Thumbs up to SWFA. I'll be buying more scopes from them when the need arises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got 2 6X's and their 3x9. I like them a lot so far. Clear as heck and they adjust and track amazing.

I've had a 3-15x42 on my 280 for a few years now and love it. Good glass, solid tracking, and the thing is built like a tank. They're an even better buy if you can find one off of SWFA's sample list.

You don't see those scopes here at all but on some of the new hunting forums they are being talked about. The Nightforce scope is taking over as the most popular from what I see being talked about on the long distance shooting forum in these parts.

Blessings,
Dan

Ya, I haven't heard as much about the variables, but their fixed power scopes are a real bargain. Excellent scope for not much money.

Guy

Guy Miner":110j4w87 said:
Ya, I haven't heard as much about the variables, but their fixed power scopes are a real bargain. Excellent scope for not much money.

Guy

I've got the FFP 3x9 on my 338 Win Mag. So far I've gotta say I like it ALOT. Lower profile turrets than my 6's, so that doesn't hurt my feelings either.

I've got a 12x and really like it. One thing I would mention is the reticle/adjustment. I would definitely suggest going with a Mil scope with the MilQuad reticle. That reticle is fantastic. The scope linked to above is the MOA version. Mils are far nicer to work with. I say that coming from years of using only MOA.

I can't see myself ever buying a scope that I intend to dial in MOA.

Back