Wearing the Magnum eyebrow today.....

gerry

Ammo Smith
Mar 1, 2007
From shooting the 270 Win of all things, best one I have ever had..........

Needless to say it didn't help my shooting after that :lol:

I know. My friend got one a few years ago shooting a goat with his 375 Ruger. He was bleeding from both the inside and outside of his nose. Our buddy got it all on tape so I could see, looked painful.

I introduced a young gent who was serving as my intern to shooting on one occasion. He was shooting one of my .356s with a stiff load. I cautioned him twice not to crawl up on the scope. Apparently the term "crawl up on the scope" didn't mean much. He wears a crescent above his eye to this day. I give him high marks, however; he got right back into shooting. He managed to survive the ordeal. We laughed together this past winter as we recalled the incident.

I've got a couple of those crescent scars in my eyebrow....

My worst was from a .300WM with an old Bausch and Lomb scope....I hit myself twice with that thing- the last drew blood. Finally got rid of the whole mess rather than deal with it after that!

Well knock on wood because I've been lucky enough not to experience crescent eyebrow.
I started my grandson out on a .22lr with a 6X rifle scope on top and watched him close so he didn't creep up on the scope before I let him shoot anything with significant recoil so it wouldn't ruin him. I told him that with the older scopes so shooters had lost an eye because they got too close and the scope hit them and popped the eye out so he is careful how close he gets before he shoots.

My best was while shooting a 350 Rem Mag that weighs about 6 lbs. I shoot with my head forward and paid the price that day.

Hey Gerry, got a picture :?: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: Sorry Buddy I just couldn't help myself.

Back