Steiner USA repair

baltz526

Handloader
Sep 25, 2005
I have a near 16 year old Steiner Bighorn 9x40 Military Marine Binocular. They have been great glass. About 1 month ago I had an issue with a prism coming out of its spot slightly. I sent them in for a repair estimate due to this models 10 year warrantee, I was expecting a bill for the repair. I got an Email saying the repairs that they did, then it was shipped. Opened the package just now and Steiner completely rebuilt them. No charge. These binocular where in excessively used condition. Now they look new.

That is an excellent commendation of the binos. I've always heard good things about Steiner, though I've never owned a pair. I don't believe I'd be particular concerned if opportunity was given to secure a pair.

I used this Binocular 50-70 days a year for 15 years. I would classify that as hard use. A lot of these days where out in the Alkali marsh waterfowl hunting. My backup Binocular are 10x40 Predator Pro Military Marine. It is surprising the difference in power between the 9x40 and 10x40. I use the 9x40 most often and the 10x40 out in the open sage country. I have thought about getting a 7x50 model for Timber hunting. They are actually shorter than the 9-10x40 but a bit bulkier.

My cousin & his son are both using the Steiner scope & have given them rave reviews (y). I know another gentleman that has been using Steiner marine binoculars for a number of years & again has advised that are great glass.
I am glad to hear their customer service is right on as well (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Back