What's the Best Buy on 10x42 Binoculars ?

1100 Remington Man

Handloader
May 1, 2007
I would like to keep the price under $300. I was at Bass Pro yesterday and the Clerk said in scopes Leupold is very popular, but in Binoculars Nikon was there best seller. I did pick up a pair of Vortex and between Nikon and Vortex I could not tell a difference.
What do suggest and does Warrenty make any difference ? Thanks

I just recently bought a pair of Minx BV-II- 10X42 at cameralandny.com
Check out the price $169 verses $299 full price. You will love these with a 30year warranty.
I do believe they are Germany made since I couldn't find that they weren't made in China like all the other binoculars for under $500 and up to $1000 on some brands.
I did a lot of research before I bought a pair.
Minox makes a good product and Cameralandny has some great prices.

I've purchased and given as gifts, ten power binos manufactured and marketed by Vortex, Nikon and Minox. Each has provided good service for the recipient. Each was a good bargain, which is why I was not ashamed to purchase them and give them as gifts. Not much difference in any of them. You'd be happy with any of these, I'm certain.

Nice buy Roger! I'm sure that you will be happy with them. Is that sale still on? I would like to get a pair for my daughter. Even with the exchange rate, it would be a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fella in camp this fall had a pair of Cabelas Intensity HD binos, I have Swarvoskis and Leitz binos, but they impressed me.........
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ2JgN9jL84
I found this review Accurate to what I saw as well. Not sure who makes these, but suspect Meopta????....
And also have a pair of Minox just like Rogers as well, and they are also again great value, for the price!

Blkram":1a9jpkdj said:
Nice buy Roger! I'm sure that you will be happy with them. Is that sale still on? I would like to get a pair for my daughter. Even with the exchange rate, it would be a good deal

Yes it is Gill, they have open box deals all year long on different manufactures and they still list this model at that price.
I end up buying all my top end glass from these guys since you never know what they will offer in an open box deal. When Zeiss was unloading the Conquest line I picked up a 4.5-14X44 MC for $500 from them and my Meopta Meopro 3.5-10X44 for $350 and they still have the Meopta for around that price. Meopta made the Conquest line before Zeiss rebranded it to the HD and brought out the Chinese Terra line.

Here is an interesting update on binos.
I just called Minox about a set of binos I sent them the end of Jan they recieved Feb 2nd via UPS. No email to confirm they ever recieved them there in their new HQ in San Antonio Tx............. So I just got thru to Alex in CS side of Blouser for Minox line, and she is now trying to find them????? She claims they will need to be shipped back to Germany for repair?? And to expect a 60 day minimum turn around.........so if she does ever find them, and if they ship out in the once a month shipment that is going out the end of each month I guess I may see them around the First of May????? OMG......
Shiped an old pair of Swarvoski poro prisms same day. Got an email the same day they received them , got an update later they where working on them and yesterday got a ship date with est delivery date........ Sorta like nite & day difference in CS.

I received the e-mail from Swarovski the other day stating that they have shipped my binos back to me already!

I am sure glad I picked up a pair of Cabelas new HD Intensity 10x42s just for spares! I sold a pair of Nikon 10x42 Monarchs; and picked up the new Intensitys, then decided to send both the Minox and Swarvoskis in. Good thing I had
The Intensitys or I would have been binocular less all winter! I realize Blouser has just moved Minox from NH to Texas and that it is now a small part of a big company. But
3/4 months to get a pair of binos fixed seams a bit much to me ???? On the other hand with the Cabelas brand with lifetime warrantee they have always been excellent about
Simply "replacing" things that broke even years later....
Something to think about when buying binos ??

35 Whelen":2jku7xav said:
I am sure glad I picked up a pair of Cabelas new HD Intensity 10x42s just for spares! I sold a pair of Nikon 10x42 Monarchs; and picked up the new Intensitys, then decided to send both the Minox and Swarvoskis in. Good thing I had
The Intensitys or I would have been binocular less all winter! I realize Blouser has just moved Minox from NH to Texas and that it is now a small part of a big company. But
3/4 months to get a pair of binos fixed seams a bit much to me ???? On the other hand with the Cabelas brand with lifetime warrantee they have always been excellent about
Simply "replacing" things that broke even years later....
Something to think about when buying binos ??

Are those Meopta bins that's are rebadged for Cabelas?

I am guessing yes but dont know for sure, they are about the same size as the Minoxs but certainly heavier. Ultra smooth focusing , very crisp, nicely done and obviously they look very Swarvo in design.Tremendous value for an under $200 glass.......... They actually compare very similarly to a pair of old Lecia Leitz 10/40 a german hunter gave me for a tip back in the early 80s. Weight and size wise.
I have run Minox glass for years and really like them optically, however the mechanics not so much for me. ( though I think they are ample for normal use) Because I use them ALOT, and am hard on binos, and probably would be spinning the dails more in one season, than an avg user might in 20 years......But am sorry to say that now they have been absorbed by Blouser I have no idea where we are at???
Be interested to see if Cameraland continues to stock them???? I am afraid without the NH station to repair them for us ,what was once a great deal may not be ....... :roll:

Just purchased some Leupold BX-3 Mojave Pro Guide HD 10x 42mm on sale from Midway. I live out in the country and use binoculars everyday, these are a real good buy. They are clear, sharp and easy to focus. I was especially impressed by the early morning and late evening viewing. Not Swaro or Leica but for the price a good pair of binos.

AFG270":1n781d19 said:
Just purchased some Leupold BX-3 Mojave Pro Guide HD 10x 42mm on sale from Midway. I live out in the country and use binoculars everyday, these are a real good buy. They are clear, sharp and easy to focus. I was especially impressed by the early morning and late evening viewing. Not Swaro or Leica but for the price a good pair of binos.
I've had the same model for about 18 months+. Really like them. Like yours mine get used everyday.
Drinking coffee, watching the news and looking for coyotes right now.

Molly doesn't need them to watch for coyotes. She hates coyotes.IMG_0869.JPG

Still its darn nice of you ;to leave them right there on the window sill, just incase she does decide she needs them!! :mrgreen:
IMG951760.jpg

Lol,
Well never sure how "good" they are !
IMAGE00270.jpg
They seam to get away with murder around here! Here is one of the guides feeding them from the table.....

Gotta love it, sometimes I think maybe I'll just send the dogs home with the spoilers.

Back