Good, long article on hunting scopes

Barsness is usually good for educating on finer points of riflery and/or hand-loading.

Excellent article, I just wish he would have said Don, for your 338 Jarrett go buy a ....; although he did give a pretty good nod to night force come to think of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't overlook the SWFA line of scopes Don. I've become a big fan of them. Optically they track and they are tough. Heavier than others but still a great hunting scope.

Thanks for the post Guy, knock on wood I have not had problems since the early 90's when I had a Burris scope on a TC Encore pistol in .253 Win. Went to Leupolds and had no further problems.

I have had 1 Burris and two Leupold's fail over the years but warranty took care of those scopes quickly. I know Barsness speaks highly of the Fullfield II's when it comes to the more inexpensive scopes, other than the one that failed the rest have done well. One of them spent a lot of time on a 35 Whelen and 358 Norma Mag and it still is kicking.

Scotty, which SFWA scope do you have? I recently found out they are going to ship to Canada again so one day would like to try one of their 6X or 10X fixed powers.

I actually know someone that is using SFWA on his 6BR and has stated that he is going to be changing his rifles over slowly but surely until he has SFWA on all his rifles.
I really can't see me changing anytime soon as I am more than happy with the glass I have now :).

Blessings,
Dan

I was a little disappointed that Tasco never made the list. Lol.
I'm a leupy fan , but haven't spent big dollars for Zeiss or Swaro.
Have buddy's using NF and Sightron. Nice optics for sure.
My most expensive scope is a Mark 4 leupy. 1 coyote and lots of steel under its belt..
Cheap Redfield Revolution, 50 coyotes 5 deer and a few pounds of tannerite. I shoot it more and not afraid to beat it up some compared to the M4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back