Kenton Industry Speed Dails?

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
I have a Leupold CDS scope that I really like.
I have another one that is NOT a CDS, so was
Considering buying a Speed Dail for it so it has
The same capabilities as the Cds model.
Anyone have personal experence with the Kentons?
Good or bad. Comparisions?VX-6-SPEED-DIAL.jpg
Tnx
E

Ok thats sounds great! I thought you had to have a scope
That came with the CDS, didnt realize they could add it later
Thanks Bear
E

You can just order the knob and install it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can just order the knob and install it yourself.

Earle,

I have a set that I bought a few years ago. I put them on and they were ok but there was some play in the dials.
I sent my scope back to Leupold and had M1 dials installed. Much better.
If you want, I can send the Kenton dials to you to try.
Send me a PM.

JD338

This is not entirely correct. I have in my hand a Leupold Vari X 11c, for which I ordered the before mentioned turret last November. I received the turret early Dec, and attempted to install it. It is simple to install , but the spade which extends downward was not long enough to engage the existing elevation mechanism in the scope. Leupold volunteered to change the older mechanism with a newer one, for no charge so I sent the scope in. That was when things went down hill. After 6 weeks I called to inquire about progress and was told there was some confusion as to what I wanted done, so it was just sitting there. But that they would jump on it immediately and get it back to me. Well of course I went to Arizona late January and received the scope in the middle of February. After opening the package I found the original adjusting mechanism was still in place. So I am now on month 3.5 and nothing has changed. I haven't the heart to call them again, and of course will be headed back north the end of next month, and really don't trust that it will be fixed and make it to me after several address changes.

So the moral to this story is I would strongly recommend that you call them before hand to insure that your model of scope can be used with their new turret. In addition unless you are going to shoot the same load and bullet combination , an know the "exact velocity" forever, I would get the "standard turret" then build a range card for your specific rifle.

You need to have the adjustment knob that looks like this

61d64e0de6d413ae037823a2f92a82d3.jpg

If you have the older style you need to send it in and at that point it's smarter to just switch to CDS or M1 turrets.

Bear, that was the plan all along, but that still has not happened. I will mail it with a letter prior to leaving AZ so that it can be sent back to my Washington address.

35 Whelen":1u5gtcl1 said:
I have a Leupold CDS scope that I really like.
I have another one that is NOT a CDS, so was
Considering buying a Speed Dail for it so it has
The same capabilities as the Cds model.
Anyone have personal experence with the Kentons?
Good or bad. Comparisions?
Tnx
E
Go for it. Kenton manufacturers for some of the scope companies. You will love it. The only issue is, you better make sure that you use the same powder, Bullet, etc... and in extreme weather your scope will be a bit off... at distance it's enough to miss.

I prefer just to dial my scopes. Then you will be dead on. As long as you verify your scopes actual dial. Leupold needs to be verified. 1 click isn't always a .25" moa. It could be off to .3 or .2 you need to test it

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

I have found my S1 turret to be very close. Not as good as one of my nightforce but close. As waves layer stated you need to check your dope to be sure. I would say it was important to check your dope even on the best optics out there. Once it gets a little nicer I'll be able to take it out and really stretch its legs but it has worked well out to 400 yards so far.

Do to the fact that the S1 with zero lock has a limited amount of adjustment, 14 MOA, I have been keeping it zeroed at 300 yards. Due to the flat trajectory of my 168gr TTSX loading this really gives me the best of both worlds. I can basically aim "fur on" out to 400 yards and dial out to 800 before needing hold over. I have been hunting with this setup for years before adding the turret, so little will change for normal hunting distances. On the very seldom occasions I would be needing to shoot past 400 yards I would much prefer to dial out the holdover.

Back