Vortex Golden Eagle

.300winmag

Handloader
Oct 17, 2011
Well, just ordered a 15-60x52mm Vortex Golden Eagle for an F-Class rifle I've got in the works, going to see how it compares to my 15-55NF. Will report once I get the two side by side on the range. Excited to play with it though.

I will be most interested in your assessment. Vortex has certainly produced some fine optics. They have shaken up the market with their products.

Got to pick it up today after a 4 month back order. First impressions are very good. Solid construction and glsss is excellent from the little bit I looked through it at the mountains. Clocks seem positive and not mushy. Will mount it tomorrow and hopefully make it out to the range to compare to my NF soon, and I hope to compare it to my buddy's March too!

Attachments

• IMG_3239.JPG
    IMG_3239.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,189
  • IMG_3237.JPG
    IMG_3237.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,189
  • IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,189
SJB358":92qdwerp said:
Looks good buddy. Which rifle is it going on?

Either my 6BR or a .284 Win I'm having built, it's all bedded and ready, just waiting on my barrel to get in from Brux.

Panda F-class action
Low Boy stock
Bix n' Andy trigger
32" 1-8.5" twist Brux

Should weigh in at about 21lbs when it's all said and done, will shoot 180 Hybrids

That should be a slick one! Sounds like it is made to have some reach. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Back