Sig Sauer Kilo 2400 ABS

shoots_5

Handloader
May 15, 2009
My old man decided he needed this to go along with his new custom rifle. It arrived today. I'll try and post a review when I get a chance to play with it. I think if it does what it says it will it's going to be a very valuable piece of equipment!

Stay tuned.....
cf7a437673a11a22d19658874af2ebcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your review should be most enlightening. I've heard nothing but good concerning the Sig Sauer optics. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on some items for my own use. Looks as if your dad has good taste!

I think this is a good choice . I'm interested in hearing what you guys think of this rangefinder . what I've read so far , it's all been positive .

I'd like to hear what your thoughts of it are after you have used it a bit. Heard nothing but good from SIG for the most part.

I've read you need an app on your cell phone to set up the rangfinder . after it's set up , is it a stand alone unit , or do you still need to have your phone to get the info ? will shooting apps work with no cell service ? I don't understand a lot of the cell phone tech , I don't use one .

You do use a free app on your phone to set up the specific information for your gun and load. After that you can use the app with the rangefinder if you want to but the rangefinder is stand alone and does not need the phone to give you the info you need. Range it and it will display range, elevation adjustment (MILS, MOA, whichever you prefer) and a wind correction. For the wind you preset a speed and direction in the rangefinder. So I might have 10mph from 9 o'clock. If the actual speed is 5 mph you just half the wind hold it gives you. It's enough info to get you on target very quickly.

And all the data is corrected for temperature, inclination, pressure based on the sensors in the rangefinder.

If you want a more accurate wind call from the unit it comes with a wind speed guage that plugs into the headphone jack on your phone and using the app will sync a real time wind call into the rangefinder solution.

All in all its a very slick setup. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but my Dad has a bit and he's been very happy with it so far.

Wow, sounds like a great piece of gear. From the sounds of it, it is very good.

How does it look optically? Not that I will be glassing with it, but clear glass is nice, the little Leica I use is very slick.

My dad and I both have the leica 1600. Optically the leica is better but not by much. The sig is plenty clear enough for what it is for.

this really sounds like a nice unit . I think I read the sig gives corrected dope as far as it will range too .

My dad and I both have the leica 1600. Optically the leica is better but not by much. The sig is plenty clear enough for what it is for.

jimbires":1yo09xoo said:
this really sounds like a nice unit . I think I read the sig gives corrected dope as far as it will range too .

That is correct....if you can hit a range at 2 miles it'll give you the dope to shoot it!

Not great video since I was holding the range finder in one hand and my phone in the other but overall I'm extremely impressed with this unit!

Optics are clear...slight blueish tint to the glass but plenty clear.

Amazing how fast the range is returned...it's virtually instantaneous from when you release the button. The scan feature is awesome. And the elevation and wind correction displayed right after the range is awesome.

Trying to figure out how to take it home without Dad noticing.....

https://youtu.be/Bwljg_nmPK4

OP, if you're interested in a sturdy bracket to mount that unit to a tripod (especially for ranging long distances), check out the ad I just posted in the Classified section. Far less than what you'll find elsewhere.

Cheers,
Brian

shoots 5 , how are you guys liking the kilo since you've had it a little while ? any down sides ?

jimbires":53tx45qd said:
shoots 5 , how are you guys liking the kilo since you've had it a little while ? any down sides ?

The only downside is that what I currently have suddenly seems very inadequate! It's been spot on out to just over 1400 yards so far with drop data. It's simple, fast and effective. Just wish I could afford one of my own at the moment!

Back