Whoops!

Yup,was playing with the focus and fired one round and that is what happened. Earlier,this morning I took the same rifle out and had no problems.

There is an LGS that I darken the door of that has Weaver 4x for sale. Going to go look at it later this afternoon.

I bought my first Weaver in the 60's and at one time all of my rifles wore them. As life moved along I replaced them with Leupold's then I replaced a couple of them with Zeiss. I still have several Leupold's but the Weavers are all gone.

Well,going to put a Weaver 4x on the rifle next week sometime. For a whopping $34.99 I'm getting another scope.

Was my rifle but is my son's now. ON his Remington model 600 in 6mm Remington he has a 4x Weaver that has been on there since 1972.

I have owned 1 Weaver scope (Grand Slam) it was a great scope. Unfortunately I left it on a rifle I got rid of, another weak moment :(.

Blessings,
Dan

Owned several Weavers and for the most part,they worked. Had a 4x Weaver on a .375 H&H and it went belly up in 4-5 rounds. This one lasted a wee bit longer on a .30/06.

Dads 7mm Mag still wears a K4 Weaver with a 2 min dot. It probably hasn't been shot in the last 10 years. But before that it was used regularly for everything from rabbits to Mule deer for 20+ years. It may not hold its zero today(I don't know) but it stood up to the 7mag for that long. Stuff happens though- Cool scopes. Still my "yardstick" for full field of view, and generous eye relief/ eyebox. If it dosent "come up" like Dads weaver, it better be cheap. Besides, whats not to like about a steel tube scope that "patina's" like the rest of the rifle. CL

Cloverleaf,I have an old Redfield 4x with the 2 minute dot,it now resides on the .257 Roberts. :)

elkhunternm":3i97yzig said:
Cloverleaf,I have an old Redfield 4x with the 2 minute dot,it now resides on the .257 Roberts. :)

My Leupold 2-7 VXII that resides on my slug gun, has a custom shop dot that covers 2Min at 4x. It would be perfect, except it is a target reticle and the cross hairs literally disappear except in full light. Other than that, a 2min dot is the best range finder/ aim point out there. If the dot dosent cover a deers nose, put the dot on the deer and pull the trigger. Its literally that easy. Put the dot on the deer and pull the trigger. CL

The Redfield has fine crosshairs,then the dot. Can barley see the crosshairs when looking through the scope. It does cover up a jackrabbit when very close. ;)

Back