Phone Scope

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Just picked on up for my I phone six. My first effort, a couple of white tails at sunset, 40 power, one mile. Still not as good as Guys photos. This will be fun.IMG_0934.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Wishing I could find one for my Motorola Droid.

JD338

You'll have a ball with the phoneskope! After literally taking hundreds of shots with mine last hunting season, there are 3 things I figured out: to get rid of the tunneling effect, bump up the magnification on your phone a bit. (In fact, once you get your subject centered in the scope, it's a lot easier to zoom with the phone camera than messing with the spotting scope ocular.) Send Phoneskope another $20 and get their Bluetooth shutter release to take the picture instead of having to touch the camera again. The vibrations from simply touching the camera screen will blur your shot a bit. (Or check to see if your smart-phone has a voice activated camera shutter -- that worked for me.) The better/more stable your tripod is, the easier the game of lining up and taking photos is. Enjoy!

JD338":36re1vwu said:
Nice. Wishing I could find one for my Motorola Droid.

JD338

If you go to the Phoneskope website, they make stuff to fit almost every major smart phone manufactured in the past 5 yrs, as well as most common spotting scopes (from low end to high end). I think there's 4 or 5 Motorola Droids on the list that they support.

https://www.phoneskope.com/store/?g...rH83l7hSg5hgL8z0q0d57laj1r0GeBoNOjhoC6nXw_wcB

We just figured out this weekend that there are a pair of Golden Eagles that look to have set up shop and are nesting in view of our house about 250 yd away. I'm going to dig my spotter and phoneskope out of storage and see if I can get some decent pics over the next couple months.

IMG_0940.JPG
Mulies at 1350yards. 20x on the scope. I'll play with the camera zoom tonight.

Phone scopes are awesome! This video was taken with a phone scope and a Swarovski spotting scope, turned out pretty dang good, I think!

https://vimeo.com/185703479

Plus the video to replay shots for further study and learning affects of wind is dang near priceless in my opinion.

Turkey at 300 yards, low power on the scope zoom with the phone.IMG_0949.JPG

It allows you to see, colour loss or no. Pretty good job of magnifying!

Afternoon scouting IMG_0957.JPG
Got there a little late, the others had moved to the roosting area. Pretty amazing technology.

Colour looks quite reasonable there. Very nice. I can see some utility in that.

I'm looking east, so the sun was setting behind me. Fifteen minutes earlier I'd a had him in full sun. Still pretty good definition for a cell phone at nearly 300 yards.
Great scouting tool, only problem is that bird is on the neighbors property.

.300winmag":1ouev0r3 said:
Phone scopes are awesome! This video was taken with a phone scope and a Swarovski spotting scope, turned out pretty dang good, I think!

Plus the video to replay shots for further study and learning affects of wind is dang near priceless in my opinion.
Same here. We use my shooting partner's phone and Swarovski spotting scope when we shoot long. It's invaluable when you "miss" seeing a hit or vapor trail, or are on your 10th hit on a piece of steel. I keep the videos on my iPad and even watch them months later when playing with the same rifle.

I believe it could a very useful tool :wink:. Right now I am attempting to put a little bit away to pick up a 1/2 decent spotting scope. It seems with the young guys I am being relegated to point with the truck figured I better get a spotting scope to help judge Bucks :wink:.
The phonescope would be a big help in comparing as well.

Blessings,
Dan

Dan I'm having so much fun with mine I'm going to buy an adapter for my binoculars as well. One thing I've figured out, with my spotting scope or binos I don't use my readers. However using the phone scope I need my readers to see the image on the phone.

Back