Reticles

.300winmag

Handloader
Oct 17, 2011
I've currently got a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x50mm LR scope on my .300 Win. Mag. It currently has a fine Duplex reticle, I have been pondering sending it in and having a wind plex reticle installed. I feel it would be very useful in quick windage adjustments. My concern is the cross hairs will be significantly thicker and make precise holds on small targets at long range more difficult. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the wind plex reticle and speak to its actual thickness and how they like it, particularly at long range?

.300winmag":1bw48rlc said:
I've currently got a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x50mm LR scope on my .300 Win. Mag. It currently has a fine Duplex reticle, I have been pondering sending it in and having a wind plex reticle installed. I feel it would be very useful in quick windage adjustments. My concern is the cross hairs will be significantly thicker and make precise holds on small targets at long range more difficult. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the wind plex reticle and speak to its actual thickness and how they like it, particularly at long range?
No experience with that specific reticle. But I would go find a reticle you like and go with it. I personally run a Horus 59 for all my rifles, hunting included. No issues and makes follow up shots a dream if I need them

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

I have a Windplex reticle in a VX-6 3-18 on a 700 in 338RUM
and it's been ideal for me out to 800 yards. It has also worked well on crop damage deer.

JD338

Thanks fellas, just got word my buddy bought the exact scope you have JD, I'll see if I vacant play with his and see what I think.

Back