Scope for kimber lightweight?

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
So my gf likes the kimber 84m lightweight in 7-08. Can get it for $750 or so which is a pretty good deal I think, plis i secretly love the rifle anyway. The caliber will fit her and get the job done from antelope to elk out to 500 yards or so. Since this is a smaller rifle the bigger LR scopes im used to having isnt going to work so well. I need something with a 1" tube, 40mm objective, generous eye relief, max of 14 power, and needs adjustable turrets. Lets try to stay under $400 range. Whatcha guys think? Ive always been partial to Leupold but still open to suggestions.

The vx3 4-14x40 30mm tube with CDS TURRETS fits the bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6x36 Leupold or 6x42mm Leupold. Love both of them.

A 3.5-10x40mm Leupold or 4.5-14x40mm Leupold would be very nice also. Hard to go wrong with a good fixed power though for your hunting purposes.

Nice rifle... I'd stick a Leupold fixed 6 on that critter and call it a day. If you have to have a variable, a VX3 2.5-8x36.

A nice trim rifle like that needs a nice trim scope to go with it.

A Leupold 2.5-8x36 would be my scope of choice and the company offer an S1 dial for bullet drop compensation for your load. Note that I have two of these scopes but have not fitted either with the S1 dial yet.

I have a S1 dial, it works as advertised. The 2.5-8 fits very nicely.

718f637ae68e0036d79115553956bce1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S1 dial like the cds dial then? Not familiar with it. The variable vx3s are kinda what Im leaning towards. 2.5-8 or 3.5-10 would be great for the little rifle...Just saw they make these kimber lightweights in a 280 AI !! Im getting one with a vx3 4.5-14 for my backup to the 16# 7-300 Win Mag.

I know they are lightweight rifles, but I still think a 6X or 3x9 SS SWFA is a ton of scope and absolutely reliable as you start turning dials. They are a few more ounces than the others, but they are really good scopes and bullet proof. Just my opinion on them, but just because the rifle is light doesn't mean it'll tip over with a good scope on top of it.

Especially your 280 Ackley Jorey, I am sure you are going to ring it out at distance..

Jorey:

Looks like you're getting ready to play the Kimber roulette!

Wish you luck

SJB358":2pbr18ow said:
I know they are lightweight rifles, but I still think a 6X or 3x9 SS SWFA is a ton of scope and absolutely reliable as you start turning dials. They are a few more ounces than the others, but they are really good scopes and bullet proof. Just my opinion on them, but just because the rifle is light doesn't mean it'll tip over with a good scope on top of it.

Especially your 280 Ackley Jorey, I am sure you are going to ring it out at distance..

what's your opinion on the glass , and low light ability, on the SS scopes ?

jimbires":1kp02tdw said:
SJB358":1kp02tdw said:

I have a couple of the 1x4's, 3 of the 6X's and 2 of the 3x9HD's, the 6's and 3x9's are every bit as good as the VX3's I use. I haven't done a low light test with them, but they are absolutely good into the evening. My only complaint would be resolving the fine sub-tensions of the MilQuad reticle at last light, but the main reticle at the center has been good for me. I took a bull at last light this past season in Oregon and had no issues making the shot. I like them quite alot Jim. So much so that everytime I have bought something else and paid more, I have regretted not getting another 6 or 3x9 and saving the extra money for something else.

jimbires":bq3muspp said:
SJB358":bq3muspp said:

Phenomenal for the price! I have about 4 or 5

Back