Leupold FX-II 6x36mm LR Duplex

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
These things are being discounted to $300 from several sources; SWFA and Midway at least.

Excellent scope, nearly the low-light clarity of the more expensive and larger 6x42mm Leupold.

The long-range duplex reticle is very nice for hunting as well.

Great opportunity to grab an excellent fixed power hunting scope for a modest price. Mine just showed up in the mail today! (y)

Guy

Well, intended to put this on my 30-06, replacing the ancient 2-7x Redfield, but instead, in the scope shuffle of helping a friend, it ended up on my 25-06, replacing, at least temporarily the 6x (42mm) Leupold that had been atop that rifle for some time.

Couple of trips to the range with this 6x36 now, on the 25-06, and I think it's just going to stay right there, at least through this season. I didn't have a hunting scope with dots, or hashmarks or anything for various ranges before, and I have to admit I really like the way this is working out on the 25-06.

Guy

Guy Miner":24ja6jlb said:
Well, intended to put this on my 30-06, replacing the ancient 2-7x Redfield, but instead, in the scope shuffle of helping a friend, it ended up on my 25-06, replacing, at least temporarily the 6x (42mm) Leupold that had been atop that rifle for some time.

Couple of trips to the range with this 6x36 now, on the 25-06, and I think it's just going to stay right there, at least through this season. I didn't have a hunting scope with dots, or hashmarks or anything for various ranges before, and I have to admit I really like the way this is working out on the 25-06.

Guy

I tried to find one but the danged things were gone. I guess I could buy one and retrofit with a reticle but for now I'll keep running those 6X SS... They have been working real well for me, but are quite a bit heavier than the 6x36.

Back