New Leupold

Divernhunter

Handloader
Apr 1, 2009
I have mounted 100's of scopes for myself and others over the years.
I mounted a new VX2 Leupold 3X9X40 on my Tikka T-3 Lite in 6.5X55 with Tikka rings the other day. This is replacing an old Varri-X II 3X9X40 Leupold. I went to the range to zero it in and be the RSO for the day. Thought I would give it a try at 100 yards to see if it was on the paper target that is 17"X17" as I remember.

1st shot was 1/4" from my ideal vertical and dead on left/right. 2nd shot was exactly where I wanted it. Then shot 3 touching just where I wanted them which is 2.75" high for hunting. Never took the adjustment caps off.
I have never had this happen before. Sometimes there is only a small adjustment required but never none. It was perfect out of the box.
I should have gone and bought a Lottery ticket on the way home. :)

Always nice when something like that happens. Sure makes a shooter happy.

I have never had that happen yet but I believe it is because I have let Right handed shooters do the bore-sighting :shock: and they just don't see the same as us Lefties :mrgreen:.
I am just kidding but I have very seldom went from bore-sighting to the 100 yard target with that kinda success Good Job (y) .

Blessings,
Dan

Lucky S*B... :) :) . Buying a lotto ticket wouldn't have done you any good; you used up all your luck :) I worked the public sight in at the gun club last weekend. I am sure one fella spent well over $75 bucks in ammo trying to get happy with the zero on his 12 ga slug gun. Sad part is, he was actually a pretty good shot and we had him dialed in at 50 yards. Then he decides he has to shoot at 100 yds and when those big hunks of lead aren't holding a 2in group at 100 yds he starts messing with the scope. Things went to heck from there. Eventually, even with the sled his brain must be screaming "Stop beating me with that thing...!!" Not sure where he was with that thing by the time he left. He was going to buy more slugs. He will probably show up tomorrow.... :roll: Sorry for the rant.... Good for you!!

I feel for the guy with the slug gun. You need to know when to quit and go home or let someone else shoot the firearm. I end up shoot quite a few at the range for others that are having troubles with accuracy when I go and RSO. Almost all are thankful but I will pass on the slug guns unless it is only a couple of shots.

Excellent!

Last year I bought a used 3x Leupold, mounted it on my 375 Ruger Number One, took it to the range and found it was almost perfectly dialed in already! Just by luck. Sure made things easy when the first shot was nicely placed.

Guy

In 40 yrs of mounting scopes and bore sighting. 1 time I didn't touch a thing after the bore sight and the closest from that was about 1" left and 1" high. The rest have always been "cross your fingers" :) for paper at 50yds and go from there.

Lottery Ticket !!

Back