Trying to decide on new scope.

I think you picked a great rifle in an awesome chambering! That 28 Nosler should be about perfect for an open terrain Western cartridge.

Tough choice on the scopes. The Nightforce should be the most reliable but it has short eye relief. I’ve had poor experience with the Leupold VX-6s lately, to include one of mine and one of Scotty’s. I don’t know much about the Swaro.

Swaro and Leupold do have great customer service, but I don’t think that’s really what I want—I want to not need the service.

If you put a gun to my head and made me pick right now I would try the Swaro.

Let us know what you pick and how it turns out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leupold has the best customer service in my experience, and while I have been using Leupold scopes for over 25 years, I do not have any experience with the VX6.

Swarovski customer service is also very good, but not quite as quick as Leupold, but that may be due to location of service center and shipping. While I have only owned and used their scopes in the last 6 years, they have been Z3's until I just recently purchased a used Z5 and mounted it on my Sako 85 LH Hunter in 6.5x55. I have not yet been to the range to sight it in. They also have a discount program one right now.

Nightforce is known for its durability and has decent glass, but not as good as the others in low light as the others in side by side field tests.

All 3 have turret options if that is important to you.

In the end, it is your shooting style and requirements that should determine your final decision. I don't think that you can really go wrong here, the 3 are good choices.
Good luck and happy shooting!

also thinking of the Vortex PST Gen II SFP 3-15x44, I looked through it at Cabela's this evening along with the other 3 choices and it seemed to have just as good if not better glass on it, for alot less money. Any thoughts on the Gen II PST.

Back