Bump Lonestar 4.5x18 FFP scope?

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
Thinking of ordering one of these to play with this winter
Wanting to go out to a 1000 yds with the 6.5, and ready to
Try FFP, some Stellar reviews on this, scope.
Appears to have been made at same place as the Lucid Optics 4.5x18 FFP scope, and Primary Arms 4x14 FFP scope?? Looks about identical to the Lucid Optics that sells for $565, All are built byDiscovery Optics in China :? The web site says its Japanese glass, German Internals; and Chinese tubes and assembly???
Anyone tryed one????IMG_1762.JPGIMG_1761.JPG
UPDATE:
Got one on the way! Will mount it up and give a full review as soon as we "wring it out" :wink:
Its here!
Omg now I can plainly see what everyone is raving about; Rugged built , Great Reticule, Snappy turets with nice loud audible clicks. And Optically the eye relief, edge to edge crispness , and overall clarity is very Leupold Vx3ish.
How they build these down at this price point, is a mystery. I have a Vortex Viper PST ($900)in here on a customers rifle, and in A quick comparision last evening, If the Vortex was 1% better that is all you could give it.
If your looking at getting into a FFP scope to go long out past 500 yds,
Look no father, grab one of these asap!
They have a unconditional lifetime warranty! This is exactly what the good Doctor ordered!
Anyway we trued up a set of 30mm; 'Grand Slam'rings yesterday; and mounted up the LoneStar scope onto the Tikka 6.5x55 to go loooooong. Sweet set up, I thought it makes a very sharp, clean installation!
Here it is/IMG_1858.JPGIMG_1857.JPG

E

Back