Meopta Meopro....Zeiss Conquest?

A

Anonymous

I've had a 1st Gen Zeiss Conquest for a number of years- it's been a bullet proof scope and works great, unfortunately...it's discontinued.

The Meopta Meopro looks to be an exact duplicate- and I'm fairly sure Meopta made the 1st Conquest under license for Zeiss.

Has anyone seen both? I'd have no problem mounting a Meopta if it compared favorably to the Zeiss, especially at the $350 price point you can find these at.

I've seen both at various times; and I owned several Conquest scopes. I like the Meopta. I believe it compares quite favourably with the Conquest. I wouldn't have any hesitation in purchasing a Meopta if I had need for another scope.

I have both a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14X44 and a Meopta 3.5-10X44 and like both very much.
I should have bought a second Meopta instead of the Leupold 3.5-10X40 I put on the 338Wm.
They are great scopes for money.

I’m pretty sure you’re right. The Zeiss Conquests were made by Meopta.

I had a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 that went bad. I was told the reticle was detached and couldn't be repaired. I have a Meopta 4.5-14x44 that looks a lot like the Zeiss . Optics are a bit above average but not in the same class as my Docter Unipoint.
Billy

Hmmm interesting that Meopta produced for Zeiss. I didn’t know that.
I hear that Zeiss are pulling out of scope manufacturing but no idea how true that may be.
I do know their back up service in UK is the pits and not even close to Swaro or S&B
For the future it looks like Meopta will be the better choice aside from the main two European names.
But, the S&B Hungarian made scopes are damn good and cost less than the German manufactured scopes.
Here a great 8x56 Klassik can be bought for around £400/$450 ish!

Fascinating that the S&B are cheaper than Swarovski in Great Britain. That is not my experience here in Canada. Recent pricing may have changed that. Some of the newer scopes are crazy expensive to buy.

DrMike":1lwjx1tn said:
Fascinating that the S&B are cheaper than Swarovski in Great Britain. That is not my experience here in Canada. Recent pricing may have changed that. Some of the newer scopes are crazy expensive to buy.

Mike, S&B have always been cheaper than Swarovski here. Some of the new Swaro’s are hugely expensive.
A Z8i 2.5-12 x 50 is around £2,250 and that’s serious dosh!
And, I’d bet most if not all the time, the magnification will be set at 8x

Now I don’t see what additional advantage that gives over a German S&B scope at far less than half that amount, or a Hungarian made S&B that’s identical but costs £400.
Heavens, thirty years ago an 8x56 scope was a rare beast to be seen on any rifle!

I note that a Z8i 1.7-13X42 (the model I'd be most likely to secure) is marketed at $3700 CDN. The Z8i2-16X50 sells for 3530 CDN (cheaper than the 1.7-13X42). Go figure. One good thing that comes from this is that my Z6 models have held their value when I do decide to sell.

Sometimes things just work out....a good friend of mine just "upgraded" his Dad's scope and asked if I wanted a minty condition (minus the box) Zeiss Conquest for $250?

Of course I did!

Back