new glass options

str8meat

Handloader
Jul 20, 2008
ok needing to upgrade glass on my 338 rum. leaning towards the nightforce shv 5x25x56. also looking at the vx 3 8.5x25x50 30 mm tube or the burris veracity 5x25x50. the nightforce and vercity come with zero stops.

I have a 8x32x56 NXS Nightforce on my 338 RUM. No complaints but would not like to carry the rifle all day.

Nightforce is known for holding up well on heavy recoiling guns, good glass, tracking, and such IMO. Leupold has great service, and customer care if you ever have an issue. I know nothing about the Burris Veracity.

I know that the Burris Veracity is getting great reviews in this area. I am not sure though if the guys are using them on the heavy hitters.

Blessings,
Dan

I just returned a Burris veracity to optics planet. It was the 5-25x50 model. Be aware that if you plane on doping the scope, it only has 23.5 moa, or one turn of turret before it hits its poorly designed zero stop. I was very bummed about that. Had it worked as most scopes do, I woulda kept it. Not sure how it would hold up against heavy recoil. It didn’t feel tank like at all. Jmo.
God Bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back