Leupold VX5

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Apparently I've been a very good boy, Eddie the elk not with standing,. A Leupold VX5 now rests atop the 338 Jarrett.
Had a little time to zero it today. Five rounds to walk it in, three for effect, dialed to 400 and center punched the gong. It was 20 degrees so I quit with that.IMG_2044.JPGIMG_2048.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shooting. What bullet are you shooting and at what speed? Nice looking rig!

JD338

JD338":26zhy7bp said:
Nice shooting. What bullet are you shooting and at what speed? Nice looking rig!

JD338
I'm running 250 gr Accubonds over 89 grains of H1000. COL 3.75 Velocity is 2925.
Action is a Remington 700; PAC Nor bbl; stock is a Kevlar composite made in Pendleton by Blagg rifles.

That VX 5 is a Honey! Was looking one over 2 weekends ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I replaced a 10 year old VX111. Really impressed with the clarity. After shooting I ran up to look at some elk. They were about 500 yards. Surprised how much better they looked.
The only drawback is the eye relief is different. I'll need to spend some time working that out.
Bill I'm sure she'll keep killing elk.

35 Whelen":335l12n6 said:
OMG, nice outfit!
Amazing shooting, wow. Well done
E
I joined this forum a couple of years ago because this rifle frustrated me. No matter what I fed it it shot well but not great. What I've learned has made it a solid and consistent sub 1/2 MOA rifle. When my technique is good she'll deliver 1/4 MOA.
Not bad for a fast 81/2 pound 338.

Back