VX- Freedom scope....????

I saw that... I'm not sure what's happening over at Leupold lately. They used to have a pretty predictable product line. So the VX1 became the Redfield, the VX2 became the "Freedom", the VX3 is now the VX3i....VX5, VX6, VX7.

Good grief...I can't help but think this kind of development is happening in the marketing dept rather than the lab or production line.

I haven't seen one in person but I don't really care for the large caps and overly large adjustment knobs. The blockiness isn't appealing to me either.

lefty315":3eacfe2q said:
I haven't seen one in person but I don't really care for the large caps and overly large adjustment knobs. The blockiness isn't appealing to me either.

That's what the pics look like to me. Maybe we can find some old VX-2's on closeout somewhere...? CL

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/48973 ... icle-matte

Street prices are a bit less than retail. The 3-9 x 40 lists for $199 on Midway.

My buddy's old Vari X II was bent during a fall this past muzzleloader season. Leupold sent him a new VX Freedom as a replacement. I got to handle it and really liked it. Clear optics, turrets that are finger adjustable, knurled power adjustment ring is very smooth, and a street price closer to it's competition. I will definitely look into one for my next scope purchase.

Back