Weaver Repair

gbflyer

Handloader
Mar 28, 2017
I have an old K4 steel tube from the 80's. Lifetime warranty. It's given up the ghost. Called Weaver today, as stated to do on the website. Someone is supposed to call me back within 24 hours[emoji57]

I also had a 6.5-20 Leupold go Tango Uniform a day earlier. The windage will not track. I just printed out the work order off the website and sent it in.

Guess it's not my week for scopes. Does anyone have any feedback on Weaver repair?

Let us know if you hear anything from Weaver.... Would be nice if some one did... There are adds in the back of RIFLE magazine for a person who works on the "T" series weavers. CL

So far it's radio silence. I suspect I'll have to go to an independent shop if I want it fixed. Probably save money if I buy a new FX Leupold.

I have thrown all of my older Weavers away as they died, for me it wasn't worth the effort fixing them when I knew there was much better glass available. I still have a K=4 on my pellet gun and it works great for it. The last one I sent in for repair was in the early 70's. So I can't help much.

Still no call. The interesting part is that I didn't tell them it's an old one as I wasn't sure that it was relevant. For all they know it could be a new one. My point is, if this is their idea of customer service, guess I'll pass on any thought of a new Weaver.

gbflyer":32b6vhl7 said:
Still no call. The interesting part is that I didn't tell them it's an old one as I wasn't sure that it was relevant. For all they know it could be a new one. My point is, if this is their idea of customer service, guess I'll pass on any thought of a new Weaver.

As I understand it "Weaver" is just a name now. I thought I heard the same outfit that builds/imports simmons and tasco owns weaver as well. But that might be wrong...

Personally, if you could develop a way to make aluminum look like old blued steel I think you could make a fortune selling scopes to old guys like me. CL

cloverleaf":1d1d5uay said:
gbflyer":1d1d5uay said:

As I understand it "Weaver" is just a name now. I thought I heard the same outfit that builds/imports simmons and tasco owns weaver as well. But that might be wrong...

Personally, if you could develop a way to make aluminum look like old blued steel I think you could make a fortune selling scopes to old guys like me. CL

They really do look nice. Breaks my heart to consider tossing it when I think about where it's been.

Back