Leupold VX6HD - 4X24X52 CDS ZL2 Illum. Impact 23 Reticle

Desert Fox

Handloader
Aug 14, 2006
So much for a 7lb. rifle. This will bring the weight of my newest build to around 8 lbs. Leupold did it's homework on this one. I love everything about this scope. It's well thought out.

It’s a dandy! Been looking at the VX5 in the 1-5 zoom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow that is heavy, the VX 6 CDS 2/12i I have is 30 mm tube and only weighes 18.5 oz! Gosh yours is almost
Double????? They are amazing optics, the illuminated dot is hands down the best I have ever seen, I have tryed about a dozen of other manufacturers illuminated reticles
over the years, and NONE of them worked for me, But this new Leupold dot can be turned down so dim you don't loose your " nite vision " 5 STARS! Super Nice, but its a bit Spendy, for the meek of heart!

That Impact 23 reticle looks pretty similar to a Horus reticle.. Looking forward to hearing about your results with it.

mjcmichigan":2v067gws said:
It’s a dandy! Been looking at the VX5 in the 1-5 zoom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've had my VX5 mounted for about a month. This glass is amazing. I have yet to send off for my ballistic turret yet. Perhaps I'm overthinking it but I want to make sure I've settled on my load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been lucky enough to obtain a number of great quality scopes (Thank you DrMike). I have a Diavari, a Lecia along with a number of different Leupolds including a older VX-6.
My personal favourite out of all of them is the Leuy VX-6 :) with Diavari a close second.
I am sure you are going to get a life time of use out of yours (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Back